Welcome to your seat at the table.
We extend our home to you as an invitation to break bread together. May you be met with belonging, marked with inspiration and found in community.
"Saturday morning, I watched as one of our baristas moved from the busyness of their work to help a guest in her wheelchair find a seat. There was something so beautiful in seeing him carve a path for her through the crowded space.
"Kindness shifts the focus from ourselves to someone else. It makes room for others when it's not always convenient. Because of that small act of kindness this guest no longer felt out of place. She felt seen, honored and welcome. This month take time to think of a few small ways you can shift your focus to make someone else feel seen."
- Dustie Gregson (Owner)
Linda's Blueberry Pie
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup cold butter, sliced
• 6 Tbsp. cold vegetable shortening, sliced
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 4 to 6 Tbsp. ice-cold water
* If time is short, substitute a store bought crust
• 7 cups fresh blueberries
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
• 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp. finely ground black pepper
• 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
• 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Prepare Crust: Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Gradually add ice water and process until dough forms a ball and pulls away from sides of bowl. divide dough in half and flatten each half into a disk. wrap each disk and chill for 2 hours to 2 days.
2. Prepare Filling: Place 1 cup blueberries in a large bowl; crush blueberries with a wooden spoon. stir cornstarch and vinegar into crushed berries until cornstarch dissolves. stir sugar, next 5 ingredients and remaining 6 cups blueberries into crushed berry mixture.
3. Place one dough disk on a lightly floured surface. sprinkle with flour. roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness. fit dough into a greased (with butter) 9-inch deep pie plate. Repeat rolling process with remaining half of dough. Pour blueberry mixture into pie crust and dot with butter cubes. Whisk together egg and 1Tbsp. water. Brush a small amount around the edge of pie. Place second pie crust over filling pressing lightly to adhere. brush entire pie with remaining egg mixture. Freeze 20 minutes or until dough is firm.
4) Bake pie on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake 20 more minutes. Cover pie with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. bake 25-30 more minutes or until golden and filling bubbles in center. cool 1 hour before serving.
NEW MARKET Arrivals: Jeanne Beatrice
The new Jeanne Beatrice Spring 2018 line has arrived! Shop all the new styles in our Table Market
Feature latte: Espresso Spritzer
BAKERY in Asheboro
Items Available for Pre-Order:
9" Chocolate Pie -$22
Blueberry Pound Cake -$35
9" Chocolate or Vanilla Cake with choice of Buttercream:
Vanilla, Chocolate, Lemon, Blueberry, Cream Cheese, Coconut, Lavender, Raspberry or Strawberry -$45
12" Rustic Apple Tart -$28
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cake with Cream Cheese Icing (13” by 9”) -$35
Special orders - minimum 10 bags
Lavender Tea Cookies -$4.95
Coconut Macaroons -$4.95
Pound Cake -$8.95
*Call 2 business days in advance for any PRE-ORDER items.
*Please note that each Table location has differing baked goods and retail available.
Enjoy your holiday!
Sun - Mon : CLOSED
Tues - Wed : 7:00am-2:30pm
Thurs - Fri : 7:00am-10:00pm
Sat : 7:30am-10:00pm
Sun - Mon : CLOSED
Tues - Sat : 7:30am-3:00pm